Passenger Notification – Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ban
Transport Canada has banned Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices from commercial aircraft in Canada. As a result, Flair Air passengers with this device may not travel with the device. Passengers carrying a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will not be permitted to board the aircraft or be permitted to carry it in their checked luggage. It may result in a travel disruption, including the passenger missing his/her flight.
For more information, please visit Transport Canada’s website for more details. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter.
Which items cannot travel in my suitcase?
Some common seemingly harmless household, camping and sporting items should never be loaded or carried on board an aircraft as they can pose a genuine threat to safety. Such items include cigarette lighters and lighter fuel, matches, chemicals such as peroxides, thinners and paint, camping gas and fuel blocks, fireworks, compressed gas cylinders and ammunition. For more information please go to on the following link: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/commerce-dangerousgoods-regoverview-passlugg-menu-1574.htm
Electronic Cigarettes are prohibited from being packed in checked baggage. If carried, they must be in carry-on baggage with the activation button turned off.
What cannot be packed in my carry on baggage?
Due to heightened security, certain items cannot be placed in your carry on baggage and must be in your checked baggage. Please visit the Transport Canada website for more information.
Should I pack my camera in my suitcase?
No. You should always pack your camera and photographic film in your carry on baggage and not in your checked baggage.
Where should I pack my valuable items?
Valuables should be kept with you in your carry-on baggage whenever possible. Flair Airlines is not liable for loss, damage or delay of valuables or fragile articles, including such items as electronic equipment, cameras, money, or jewellery.
What happens if my baggage is damaged?
Flair Airlines does not accept claims for damage due to normal wear and tear (missing or damaged straps, scratches, nicks, wheels, locks, zipper damage, scuffs, dents, soiling etc.) or manufacturer’s defects. In the event that a piece of checked baggage is damaged, it is important that a customer service representative is contacted immediately upon arrival at the airport in order to complete a report. A report will not be completed for damage if the bag has been checked in with a Limited Release Tag indicating previous damage to the bag.
My baggage did not arrive. What do I do?
In the event that a checked bag is missing, it is important that an agent is contacted at the arrival airport in order complete the appropriate forms.
Can I bring my pet with me?
The carriage of “domestic animals” (cats, dogs, birds, hamsters, ferrets, rabbits, etc.) are permitted in the cabin providing the following conditions are met:
- advance arrangements have been made;
- the animal must be harmless, inoffensive, odourless, and require no attention during transit;
- the animal must be confined in a cage or container and approved by the carrier prior to acceptance;
- the passenger must make all arrangements and assume full responsibility for complying with any applicable laws, customs, and/or other governmental regulations, requirements, or restrictions of country, state, or territory to which the animal is being transported;
- containers must be leak proof and provide adequate ventilation for the animal, and must be supplied by the passenger;
- the container must be stowed under the seat directly in front of the passenger’s assigned seat, and the animal must remain closed and sealed in the container from time of entry into the aircraft until after deplaning;
- carriage of animals is limited to 1 animal per container and 1 container per passenger;
- the container must be no larger than the dimensions for the B737 2nd item as detailed in the Carry-On Baggage Size / Weight Limitations section;
- the container is part of passenger’s carry-on limit;
- the Company will determine the number of pets in the cabin based on aircraft type, routing, configuration, time of year, passenger load, etc.;
- the passenger cannot be seated in a row immediately behind a bulkhead, or adjacent to an emergency exit, or in an exit row;
- the passenger should be seated in a window or middle seat.
Can I bring sporting equipment with me?
You are permitted to bring sporting equipment with you however it will be included in your baggage weight and you will be charged accordingly. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: golf clubs, roller blades, fishing equipment, scuba equipment (providing the tanks are completely empty and the gauge reads zero), bicycles (tires deflated, handlebars turned in line with the frame, and the pedals either removed or turned inward), skateboards, boogie boards, skis, snowboards and water skis. All sporting equipment must be properly packaged in protective bags or wrap.
Can I bring a stroller with me?
Yes. Strollers will be accepted as checked baggage and is additional to your baggage allowance. Strollers can be checked as baggage at check in, or can be checked at the gate upon boarding.
Does Flair accept cargo?